Friday, September 5, 2008

Slow Progress

Today I am mailing my transcripts and "passport-type" photos, so I can check 2 things off the list! I'm finding it next to impossible to gather specific health-related information from, say, 7 years ago, so I may have to just write something like, "details not available" on a couple of questions.

It's been a crazy week for me, and it has gone by so fast that when I got dressed this morning I thought I was dressing for a Thursday. So, I missed my chance to wear jeans on Friday. :) Some of you know that I had a little scare Tuesday morning and had to take a sick day. I went to a doctor Wednesday, and they sent out some blood for testing. The results today were that all the tests they ran came out normal. Good news, but still leaves me without answers. I guess that is often true with health care; we don't always know what causes things.

This afternoon my student who dropped out last year came back! I've stayed in touch with her and been a support to her in every way I could, and I knew she was planning to come back sometime soon. I can't tell you how excited I was to see her walk through the door! She's one of those people that I really believe God brought into my life for a purpose, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to continue to be there for her; to pray for her, to support her, to teach her, etc. It won't be easy for her, but I think she can still graduate with her class this year.

1 comment:

Preston,Courtney, Callie, Addison and Finn said...

Glad you are back on the blog world. I will keep this one on the DL for sure :)
Love you!!