Thursday, January 8, 2009

IMB Interview Conference

For the interview conference, I will be flying from St. Louis to Richmond VA (where the IMB is headquartered) on Monday, February 16. The conference begins Tuesday morning and ends on Friday afternoon.I will be flying back either Friday night (February 20) or Saturday (February 21). The IMB handles the travel arrangements and covers all expenses.

The conference will provide additional information about job assignments, work conditions, and other aspects of missionary service. I will be assigned to a small group led by an IMB staff member who is familiar with all of my application materials. This IMB staff member will serve as a counselor and facilitator throughout this decision-making process. I will also participate in personal interviews and meet with regional office representatives to discuss current job openings, etc. in specific regions of the world.

I cannot find the words to express all of my thoughts and feelings about this amazing opportunity. I feel so blessed and have so much enthusiasm and anticipation. Please join me as I pray that the Lord will give me a clear mind and an open heart throughout this process and that He will use the conference to clarify His leadership and will for my life.

No comments: