To me, being commissioned means to be sent out with a promise to support through prayer. Based on that definition, I have been commissioned to the mission field by many people lately. Specifically, my church family at Springfield Second Baptist commissioned me as part of all 3 morning worship services yesterday, July 26. It was a very special, meaningful time for me. This church has played such an important role in my spiritual life and provided so many opportunities for me to serve. To be sent out and prayed over by them was very precious to me.
But this was not my first commissioning. About a week ago, my dear friend Barb essentially commissioned me in an unexpected and powerful way. Barb's husband Phil passed away suddenly, and I went to his funeral. In addition to being a friend, Phil was my pastor several years ago. At the end of the funeral when I had an opportunity to hug Barb, I was overwhelmed as she said to me, "You are part of Phil's legacy. Go and tell." I was trying to support and uplift her, yet she was the one who was a blessing and encouragement to me.
As I go, it is an honor to carry with me a part of Phil and Barb, a part of Second Baptist, a part of my family and other friends, etc. Most of all, it is an honor to serve in the name of our Lord Jesus.
1 comment:
Hi Sis..
Was wondering if you were going to continue posting here, hadn't seen anything new for a bit. Glad to see that I can still check up on you this way.
Love you!
Karen
Post a Comment