Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Assessment? I got my results last week, and it turns out I am either an ISFJ or an INFJ, depending on the day. I suspect nobody who knows me will be shocked to hear that the I part represents Introvert. That's right. It's official. I am NOT an extrovert!
I've been thinking a lot about my personality and characteristics and what they mean in terms of my interactions with others, and therefore what they ultimately mean in terms of my ability to serve effectively. Obviously, God made me the person I am. He uniquely designed me with a perfect plan in mind. I think that means that God can use introverts to reach people but that He may do so in different ways than He uses extroverts. So, I think the first lesson in this for me is that I should embrace the person I am and the characteristics that God has given me. At the same time, I think I need to be sensitive to the ways He may desire to stretch me and help me grow. I want to let go of any part of me that is not of Him and be aware of how my personality impacts the people around me. Am I reflecting Him? Am I adequately communicating His love?
Please pray for me to be moldable and senstive to the needs of those around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment