I think it was a month or so ago that I got a bad eye infection, and I described my adventure in seeking medical expertise in my entry Always An Adventure. After a week and a half of antibiotic eyedrops, my eyes seemed fine and I tried wearing contacts again. Within a couple of days the infection was back. I removed my contacts again and used the eyedrops for another week. Finally, I was able to wear contacts again. That lasted a week or two. Then Sunday I discovered that the infection had returned. This time I stopped wearing contacts but did not use any eyedrops. My eyes have cleared up again, but I think I should take the hint that I am not supposed to wear contacts right now. One teacher told me that doctors here usually don't advise people to wear contacts because there is so much dust (and ash) in the air. For over a month now, it has been windier than it was before, which stirs up more dust in this dry season. (Occassionally it blows so hard that I have to close my eyes.) Furthermore, there has been road construction in front of my house for over a month now. My current teacher Ana and I have formed a hypothesis that these factors combined are probably the source of my problem. Dust, etc. has probably been getting under the contacts and irritating my eyes.
Please pray that I won't have any more problems with my eyes and that no permanent damage has been done.
No comments:
Post a Comment