Monday, November 15, 2010

It Went Well!!

Today was the day for my new group to start. As the kids gathered around Charlie, I went over and invited the older girls to come over to a table I had set up. I started with 3 girls aged 9-10. and 2 more girls that age joined us a little later. We introduced ourselves, had a little English lesson, had a brief Bible study, and then we made personalized ponytail holders and talked. It went really well!

An interesting thing happened, though. Schools here offer 2 different sessions, so some kids attend school in the morning and others in the afternoon. The afternoon session doesn't end until 6 pm, but we meet at 5 pm. However, today was a holiday and school was not in session. Of the 5 girls who came to my group, 3 are usually in school in the afternoons. They were upset that they wouldn't be able to keep meeting with me and immediately started conspiring to leave school early every Monday to be home in time for our group!

I was touched by this, and I didn't want to lose them from my group either. I asked them if they wanted to meet in the mornings before they go to school. I told them that I could come twice every Monday so that they would all be able to participate. We agreed to try 10 am next week for the girls who have school in the afternoon. It will be interesting to see if they come out that early. I told them several times that if I drive there I don't want to just sit outside by myself, and they assured me that it would not happen. I think it meant a lot to them to receive such undivided attention. They need to know how special they are as daughters of the king.

I feel like it was a good start, and my excitment about this group continues to grow. Praise God for this amazing blessing! Please continue to pray for these sweet girls.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Such wonderful news -- it will be amazing to see what God will do :)