Preston brought home these beautiful flowers while Courtney cooked a great breakfast.
In the afternoon we went for a walk on the malecon, looking out over the ocean and drinking Starbucks (mine, of course, was chai tea!) Then that evening we went out for a seafood dinner where we could watch the sunset over the ocean. (Can you tell I love the ocean?)
In many restaurants, when the servers are informed of a birthday, they gather and sing and bring a dessert to the guest of honor. Bubba Gump was no exception. As they circled the table and sang and clapped, our primary server held a cup of ice cream and seemed to have intentions of feeding it to me during the song. In reality, his intentions were to smear the ice cream on my face. I have to say, I laughed quite a bit in the process of trying to avoid it!
Thanks to all of my wonderful friends and family, including Preston and Courtney as well as all who sent a message or called, for helping make my day far more special than I dreamed it would be. What a blessing you are in my life!
1 comment:
I am so thankful you enjoyed your birthday. You deserved it!! We were so glad you were here to celebrate it with us. Love you!!
Post a Comment