Throughout the past few weeks I've been telling the people in my life about my intentions to become involved in missions in Mexico. The first time someone responded by asking if I was worried about my safety, it absolutely caught me off guard. The person had heard stories of a rise in kidnappings and violence in Mexico and imagined I might become the next victim. I've heard similar reactions enough times that it no longer catches me off guard, but it still surprises me. My personal safety is one of the last things on my mind. Not that I intend to be foolish or careless in any way, but it wouldn't make sense to me to trust God to send me yet not trust Him to protect me. If I am in His hands, it is His concern what happens to me. I have no need to fear. I often remind these concerned friends that something can happen to me just as easily in my own home here in Missouri, so hiding there out of fear offers no true protection anyway. I am far better off to act in obedience to the Lord who has called me to this journey.
Many of the people who have shared this concern are not Christians. so perhaps my responses to their concerns can be a witness that God can use to speak to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment