Thursday, May 7, 2009

FBLA

My students did a fantastic job at the FBLA State Leadership Conference, and I should have posted these results sooner. Unfortunately, the entire experience has been tainted by some drama here at school. God has helped me let go of the drama and surrounding frustration and move past it, though, so now I want to focus on the good news. Our Digital Video Production team placed 11th in the state and our Business Financial Plan team placed 10th. Our Website Development team placed 2nd in the state, which qualifies them to compete at the national level this summer in Anaheim CA! I am extremely proud of them! Ali, the leader of this team, has been in my web design class each of the three years (Web Design one year, and then two years of Advanced Web) since I started teaching it, and each year she has been on an FBLA Web team. They have come close each year, so to see her finally succeed is more exciting for me than I can describe. I am extremely proud of Ali. This success only confirms what I already knew to be true about her. :)

No comments: