Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tragic Impact

This past year, contributions to the IMB fell significantly short of meeting the budgeted goal. As a result, tough program cuts have had to be made. Among those cuts is an indefinite hiring freeze for 2-3 year term people like me through the Journeyman, ISC, and Masters programs.

What does this mean? For one thing, it means that I barely made it through before the opportunity vanished. This knowledge makes me even more in awe of the grace of God which enabled me to lose weight and meet all of the other requirements in the time that I did. His timing and His plan are always perfect, far beyond my understanding!

Another way that this could impact me is that if the programs are not re-instated, it is possible that I may not have the option to extend my service/return to the field after my time committment ends.

I share this with you to help you personally see the importance of contributing to the Cooperative Program and to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Those are the primary sources of support for the IMB. Without this funding, people who feel called by God are being turned away at the door. Truly a tragedy!

1 comment:

Lori Cook said...

Glad you are feeling affirmed in your calling. So thankful that you overcame the obstacles. Ryan led our rehearsal last night. I think we were a challenge for him, but he learns each time he leads us. Kevin was either studying or taking his doctoral exams. Very intense.