Not only are there several things on the agenda for this week, but I have the feeling that God desires to do BIG THINGS this week. That's why prayer is so crucial!
First of all, we've started a Christian women's organization that pulls together leaders of several different churches. This Saturday, July 3, we'll have our first big event--a conference for women that includes an option of childcare because we don't want women to be unable to come for lack of childcare. It is really hard to plan details like food and childcare because we really don't know how many people will come. It could be 50 women and 20 children, or it could be 200 women and 400 children! The women have invited a lot of friends who are not believers, so we really don't know who will come. However, God DOES know, and I beleive He has BIG plans! Please pray for us to be sensitive to His guidance to pull together the details this week.
We have 2 wonderful Christian women coming from Guadalajara to be the "keynote" speakers at the conference, and they will be staying at my house with me. I enjoy having guests and pray that my home can be a blessing to these dear sisters in Christ.
Usually on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons I lead kids at the Bible studies. This week will be my first time to lead the women, and I am fervently praying that God will communicate through me beyond the limits of my abilities. I know I've mentioned this before, but it is difficult for me to stay focused and positive that God will work instead of being stressed my own limitations. So, I'm reminding myself by sharing it with you.
Throughout the week I will be doing whatever I can to help with the preparations for the conference as well as working on my goals to know the city better and to meet people. This morning I am heading downtown by myself to get more familiar with the area and to pick up a few things we need for Saturday. I am praying that this will go smoothly and that God will lead me to a divine appointment.
As a final note, Sunday, July 4 is election day here. Things have already been getting intense and violent through the campaigning, and there have been threats of even more severe violence for election day. Please pray for peace to reign.
No comments:
Post a Comment