In the 11:00 service at church, Pastor Ben is currently sharing a series of sermons called "Bigger Than Myself." It is a great reminder of our call to join God in what He is doing, to be a part of His bigger story rather than focusing on our own small story. In the midst of daily details, it is so easy for me to temporarily lose sight of the grand mission and instead focus on "mini missions." My prayer today is that I will continuously, intentionally, let go of my plans and dreams and instead cling to and invest in His infinitely greater plans. There is something that I've heard Ben say more than once that I just love:
"What God puts in us, He longs to bring out of us or draw out of us." - Ben Pilgreen
That gives me such a picture of God. It makes me think about how often He is pleased with the way I use what He has given me and how often He is saddened by it. May I become increasingly aware of how much I am allowing Him to draw out of me so that I can remove any restrictions I am placing on the ways He desires to work through me.
No comments:
Post a Comment