A lot of today was consumed with informational meetings about things like security, payroll, etc., but we did have a little time to return to the job fair where we can look at job listings and talk to regional representatives. I've been able to elinate couple of jobs from my "short list" and to add a few more that have potential.
One of the jobs that I found yesterday (the one where I talked to the missionary on the phone) is extremely exciting to me and seems to be a perfect fit for my personality and background. I've been thinking and praying about it since yesterday, and, as one of my fellow candidates told me, talking about it puts a twinkle in my eye. I returned to that regional representative today and was able to discuss it a little more. I shared with him that this job is absolutely my number one choice for my top 3 form that must be turned in Friday. He thinks that I would be a great fit for this job for several reasons, and he encouraged me to pursue it as numero uno.
Reaching that point felt fantastic. I really felt a lot of peace about that, but I also know that nothing is guaranteed yet. I still need at least a #2, and a #3 couldn't hurt. This is why I am continuing to look into the other jobs on my short list.
I just received a response to one of the two emails that I sent last night, and that job still has potential. I didn't feel like I got much more information than was on the job description, but he did say that he felt we would be able to integrate my specific skills and training into the job description.
So, still a lot to pray about! Please forgive me for not providing any specifics, but I am just not yet at a point where I am ready to do so.
We have one more meeting tonight, and then our small group devotional. I am more than ready to get into comfy clothes and relax!
1 comment:
Thanks for keeping us posted as you're there. We missed you tonight in choir! My plan time is while you're interviewing tomorrow so I'll try to remember to say little prayers between my tasks.
Post a Comment