Thursday, September 23, 2010

First VIsitors

I haven't had any American friends come visit me . . . until now! This week my amazing friend Courtney, who lives in Puerto Vallarta, made a spontaneous decision to come visit. Monday afternoon she and her precious baby girl Callie boarded a bus and rode a full NINE, yes NINE hours to get to my city. The first few hours of the trip were on roads so curvy that Courtney was miserably sick to her stomach. Thankfully, though, the sickness eventually subsided and allowed her to recover quite a bit by the end of the journey.
We had a couple of wonderful days to just spend time together and talk. They were even able to go with me to one of our Bible studies. Thursday morning I had to take them back to the bus station and watch them begin the journey back to Vallarta. It was a little sad to say goodbye because I cherish her friendship and our time together, but I am SO grateful that we were able to spend this time together. I am grateful to Preston for supporting/encouraging this trip even though he had to stay home alone. I am grateful to Courtney for always finding ways to be there for me when I need a friend. The fact that she put herself through such a miserable bus ride to come says so much about the kind of person she is. Most of all, I am grateful to God for bringing such precious friends into my life AND placing them in the same country as me!

No comments: