Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Granny Mac

My grandma passed away yesterday. Although it was not unexpected, I was not as prepared as I thought I was. Losing a loved one is never easy, but it is even harder when you are thousands of miles away from the rest of the family. God has blessed me a with a wonderful family, and I am grateful for the technology that allows us to stay in touch, but sometimes you just really want to hug your Daddy. So, as I face another rough part of this journey, I am so grateful that God has reminded me of His love in so many ways, including through the friendship of some very thoughtful people.

LORETA MCCULLY - Macon, MO - Macon Chronicle Herald

I've thought a lot today about the great memories I have of Granny. From her fabulous cooking to her strong faith, from waking up to the sound of her happily whistling hymns in the kitchen to the times when my brother Jerrod and I stayed at her house and she was always willing to play another game with us (and even invented a few memorable ones!). The memories are a blessing that I will always be able to cherish. Most of all, I am thankful for the heritage of faith that she and Grandpa passed down to my Dad, and thereby to me as well.

1 comment:

Preston,Courtney, Callie, Addison and Finn said...

She sounds amazing! I wish she were my grandma too!!!
Love you Angela. We are praying for your family.