Robin's dad is in serious condition in a hospital in Alabama. Robin left last Thursday to go be there, and Charlie left Sunday to join her. Please keep their family in your prayers through this time.
We all assume that they will be gone for at least a few weeks, so during their absence I am trying to keep their group Bible studies going (and ideally growing). Thankfully, some Mexican believers are helping me work with the groups. Please keep the groups, those who are helping, and me in your prayers. I KNOW that I cannot do this on my own, so I am definitely relying on God to work through us to make it happen. Please pray that I won't lose sight of this fact and try to take control (that would be the fastest way to ruin what He wants to accomplish!).
On a related note, I've recently been reviewing my notes from some training I received from a very gifted teacher named Carla MacLachlan. Something that is resonating deep within me this week from those studies is this question: Am I task-oriented or Truth-oriented? At least for me, it is VERY easy to become focused on the tasks that need to be accomplished. They provide something concrete to do and can be checked off a list when completed. But, if I allow myself to become too focused on the tasks, I am not focusing on sharing Truth. What if I used every opportunity of every day to share Truth in some way? What if I looked at my day and the world around me through the lens of revealing Truth?
No comments:
Post a Comment