Last night as Celia and I returned from leading a Bible study around 8 pm, she invited me to follow her back to her house to have dinner with her and Tina. Between getting up at 3 am to take a friend to the airport, haveing lots of craft and lesson prep work awaiting me at home, and simply having the inclination to retreat to the solitude of my home at the end of the day, I was tempted to beg off. However, it was a situation where I knew I really needed to say yes to make sure I didn't offend. So, off we went. As we drove, I prayed that God would make it a time of sweet fellowship and not of cultural stress. I even prayed for my stomach as I had no idea what would be served, and that I would manage to gracefully swallow coffee when served (which I've always managed to avoid in the past but saw looming overhead this time).
Is it any surprise that God came through in a big way? Dinner included lettuce salad, black beans and tortillas, and (ironically) a hamburger. Tina asked me if I wanted water or coffee to drink, so I had my "out" on the coffee! We had good conversation throughout dinner, and I felt at ease with them more than I ever have since we met 6 months ago. Would you believe that after dinner we sang karaoke? I've actually never particiapted in karaoke before because I always feel self-conscious. The fact that I was able to participate and even have a lot of fun with it was a testament to the work that God has done in me over the past year.
So, today I am thanking God for continuing to bless me in all things, both big and small.
2 comments:
AMEN! It is hard to believe that has been about a year already. I'm glad that you had a good time and that you had a pleasing meal to your stomache : )
Jerrod
Angela,It is allways wonderful when I "let go and let GOD". Bless you as you continue to grow and "let GOD" work thru you.
Cindi
Post a Comment