Saturday, October 16, 2010

Teaching Women

I have become pretty comfortable working with the kids while someone else teaches women, but the thought of trying to teach women in Spanish still makes me nervous. This Wednesday and Thursday were only my 3rd and 4th times to actually do so. Monday and Tuesday I prayed that God would give me a topic that would be relevant to all of us and that He would communicate through me (and not allow langauge to be a barrier). The topic He gave me was "In Whom (or in what) Do You Trust?" We read the story of Peter walking on water and discussed how we never need to doubt or fear but can always trust completely in Him. It went extremely well with the Wednesday group and fairly well with the Thursday group. It is so exciting to realize that God is using you to speak to others! Please pray for these precious women and for me as I strive to minister to them until Robin returns. Also pray for the teenage boys who give of them time to teach my kids groups while I am with these women: Julio on Wednesdays and Angel on Thursdays. (On Mondays and Fridays I am teaching kids while Elizabeth and Celia teach women, and then I trade places with them when it is time for me to lead the women's craft time. Please pray for them as well.)

No comments: