Thursday, April 15, 2010

Flexible? Usable?

After a whirlwind first few days including meeting the AR team at the airport last Tuesday night, I was more than a little surprised last Wednesday morning when Cherry was going through the schedule and mentioned that I would be leading the kids at the 2 Bible studies that week. Since one of those studies was that very afternoon, I was reminded that the call to missions so frequently includes a call to be flexible. I could protest that I should have been asked sooner, or I could stop focusing on me and choose to focus instead on being usable. Thankfully Robin has a lot of ready-made activities just waiting to be used, so it came together relatively easily. We went to the home of a young family I had met in church the previous Sunday, and I led the story of Noah, a couple of related crafts, and taught the kids songs. I was so blessed to have wonderful team members who soon jumped in to help the kids with the crafts.



While we were working with the kids, Michelle was able to share a devotional while Robin translated for the women.
Then Mama Sam shared her testimony and led the women's craft time. It is always neat to see how God uses a team working together.

No comments: