When I entered the circle of chairs with the intent of getting to know some of the group leaders who had come early to set up, I did not realize that the young lady I approached was actually a first-time visitor who was unsure if she should stay or leave. It was really cool to be able to sit and talk with her and encourage her to give the group a chance. Please pray that Isabel will continue to seek Him, and that in seeking she will find Him.
I also met a lot of wonderful people and made contacts with people who may prove to be great resources as well as good friends in the future. Please pray for me to find ways to meet university students and young professionals and to begin conversation groups and Bible studies with them. Pray that God will guide me, give me wisdom, and give me boldness.
In addition to the ministry benefits of this trip, I was als o really blessed to get to know this wonderful IMB couple and their teenage daughters. Those 2 girls are smart, talented, and a lot of fun to spend time with. It reminded me a bit of days as a teacher and a bit of my role as an aunt. Watching the older girl play violin in a concert with a city orchestra, watching the younger girl sing and dance in a Christian theatrical production, going to a recording studio with them to pick up a song they recorded, and sitting in the living room singing along as they sang and played guitar or piano were unforgettable experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment