Thursday, January 27, 2011
. . . And Who Else?
Monday my girls' groups read and discussed the story of Jesus' temptations. After we read the verse where Jesus quotes the Bible, telling Satan that we should only worship God, I asked the girls, "Who does the Bible say we should worship?" In both groups, the correct response was given. Then when I followed up with the question, "And who else should we worship?" (with the intention of emphasizing the word ONLY), they responded, "The virgin Guadelupe also." This is so ingrained in the culture here that they are very slow to understand anything different. I had to continue the discussion that if the Bible tells us "only God," we cannot add anything or anyone to that. In this way, seeds are slowly being planted in their minds, but it will take many seeds for the truth to overcome the culture of lies in which they live. Please pray that God will reveal Truth to them and give them discernment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment