Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Beginnings

Yesterday (Saturday) I had scheduled a time to meet with Monica, a young woman from my church who teaches English, so that we could plan for our upcoming first meeting with the youth of the church. (Our plan is to offer a time that combines English lessons and Bible study specifically for the young people so that they will be drawn to come and invite friends.)

After we finished our planning time, Monica invited me to join her and her younger sister Alejandra for lunch. By this time, I already felt like we had begun a strong friendship. When I got in her car and she popped in a Third Day CD, it was like confirmation that she is a kindred spirit! We had such a good time visiting over lunch in a little place that I never would have found without her.

Soon after I got home, it was time to head back out for our first women's association (MUA) meeting of the year. We set a regular monthly meeting time and discussed plans for activities for the year. Afterward, I followed my pastor's wife to my new friend Monica's house for a time of sharing and fellowship with a few women from the church. As I drove home around 11:30 last night, I reflected on how very blessed I am. In a way, I feel like my life here has finally truly begun, and I am so blessed by the church family God led me to here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I makes me happy to know that you are happy! Love ya,
Jerrod