Thursday, January 27, 2011
Jovenes
This coming Saturday at 4 pm, my friend Monica and are scheduled to have our first meeting with youth from our church. The plan is to have an English lesson and a Bible study. The word jovenes (similar to our word youth) is used to describe a broader range of people than we typically mean by the word youth. Here it typically refers to high-school age, college-age, and even beyond college through more of the 20s, especially for those not married yet at that age. Though we have very clearly stated that our goal is to reach out to the jovenes, who for the most part are not attending church, so many of the adults in the church keep saying things like, "Oh I want to learn English too! I'm still young, right?" So, I am not quite sure what to expect. It could go anywhere from nobody showing up to 3/4 of the church congregations showing up! It is out of my control and out of my hands. I am just praying that God will lead the right people there and will bring something good through whatever happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment