Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching Up

A few days before Christmas I went to Leon for a reunion with some friends from training in Virginia. By the time I got home from that trip, I was sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis. That kept me resting at home until after New Year's. Although it cost me some good planning/organizing time, I am grateful that it hit when our groups were already cancelled due to holidays so that it didn't cause me to miss any groups.

I started back with my groups on Monday, January 3 and am now back in the swing of things. I am focusing a lot of energy on preparing lessons and crafts/activities for my kids and girls groups a ways in advance so that I can free up some of my time each week for other things. I'm also partnering with a Mexican friend from church named Monica to start working with the youth of our church. We're planning our first meeting for the last Saturday of this month at Monica's house and will combine an English lesson with a Bible study. We believe that this format will draw them in (the idea originally came from one of the youth) and give them an opportunity to invite friends. I'm excited to see what God will do and so grateful that He has prompted Monica to partner with me.

No comments: